Journal of Obesity & Eating Disorders is a peer-reviewed and open access journal with an aim to provide rapid and reliable source of information in the mode of original articles, review articles, case reports, short communications, etc.
Signs and Symptoms of Disordered Eating
Symptoms of disordered eating may include behaviour commonly associated with eating disorders, such as food restriction, binge eating, purging (via self-induced vomiting or excessive exercise, and use of diet pills and/ or laxatives).
However, disordered eating might also include:
- Self-worth based highly, or even exclusively, on body shape and weight.
- A disturbance in the way one experiences their body, i.e., a person who falls in a healthy weight range but continues to feel that they are overweight.
- Excessive or rigid exercise routine.
- Obsessive calorie counting.
- Anxiety about certain foods or food groups.
A rigid approach to eating, such as only eating certain foods, inflexible meal times, refusal to eat in restaurants or outside of one’s own home.
Senior Journal Coordinator
Journal of Obesity and Eating Disorders